Il 14/09/19 07:01, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
Hi all,
I would like to propose to remove the deb packages from master branch / 3.0,
for some reasons:

1. it's difficult to produce packages compatible at the same time with Debian,
Ubuntu and other derivatives: for example, ATM Debian stable has a tomcat9
package while Ubuntu LTS is still on tomcat8

2. in branches 2_0_X and 2_1_X deb packages are used to build Docker images but
on master this has changed: since all is now based on Spring Boot, Docker
images were changed as consequence

3. there are new components on master (SRA, Keymaster, WA, .. [1]) that would
deserve new deb packages, but I don't think the effort is worthwhile,
especially given the reason above

4. deb packages were originally meant as a fast and straightforward way to get
Syncope properly deployed, but I think that nowadays Docker images (with Docker
Compose and Kubernetes samples) serve better such purpose, on more platforms

If there are no objections, I'll proceed with removal next week.

Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/%5BDISCUSS%5D+Syncope+3.0

+1

Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale Vittoria Colonna, 97 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/