Hello Matthias,

Thanks a lot for replying and sorry for my late response.

I have two more questions regarding the steps you described.

 I think it's a
> good idea to clean this up (disable these remaining rewrites in O1 as
> well), which would be useful for debugging.

I don't understand what you mean by O1. So how can I disable these
remaining rewrites?

If you're debugging any specific issue and want to see which rewrites
> trigger where, you can set the log level for package
> 'org.apache.sysml.hops.rewrite' to DEBUG or TRACE in your log4j
> configuration.

I am working with SystemML 0.14.0. There is a log4j.properties file, but I
cannot find anything relevant to  'org.apache.sysml.hops.rewrite'. Is there
another file I should check?

Thanks again,
Nantia