thanks for the initial draft and extensions - I would remove internals
#2/#3 because they are still open, move the other internals to performance,
and include (or extend) the following:

* codegen extensions (operation support, extended optimizer, see
SYSTEMML-2065)
* new accumulator operator += (not just in parfor)
* matrix-matrix multiplication over compressed matrices
* zero row/column matrices and updated operations such as removeEmpty
* logical operator support over matrices AND/OR/NOT/XOR (besides the
bitwise ops)
* new second-order eval builtin function
* extended UDF framework
* performance: sparse left indexing, sparse reshape, ultra-sparse
transpose, ultra-sparse rand, binary in-place operations, sparse relu
backward, maxpooling, sparse im2col, ultra-sparse conv2d, read of
short-wide sparse matrices, avoid unnecessary evictions, lock-free
statistics maintenance, spark cpmm, spark aggregates, spark reshape, spark
binary ops, use common thread pool for multi-threaded cp operations, etc
* improved nnz maintenance, runtime propogation and memory management
* robustness for matrices with larger than int dimensions

This also remind me that we should probably make a pass over all new
builtin functions, operators and generalized/extended operations and update
our documentation accordingly.

Regards,
Matthias