Just wanted to bring up a few points.

1) In addition to pom.xml project version, there is a SYSTEMML_VERSION in
_config.yml that is used for version number references in the
documentation. This is patterned after the Spark documentation (see
http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.5.2/). Notice version number included in the
Spark documentation.
2) This version will be tagged in git, right?
3) It would be nice to get snapshots of the documentation onto
http://systemml.apache.org/ for each version released (at least 0.9.0,
probably not 0.8.1). This should include analytics on the pages. Right now
the latest generated project docs get generated at
http://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/ and do not include analytics.

It will be great to have a first Apache release! Luciano, please let me
know if I need to make any updates to http://systemml.apache.org/ for
downloads/releases.

Deron