Hi,

I have a question with regards to text vs mm. Isn't the mm coordinate
format identical to the text format but the mm data file happens to include
the metadata line for rows, cols, and nnzs, so shouldn't they scale the
same since the text row values (i,j,v) correspond to the mm rows?

If we have the following MM:
%%MatrixMarket matrix coordinate real general
4 3 6
1 1 1.0
1 2 2.0
1 3 3.0
3 1 7.0
3 2 8.0
3 3 9.0

The corresponding text format (with accompanying metadata file) is:
1 1 1.0
1 2 2.0
1 3 3.0
3 1 7.0
3 2 8.0
3 3 9.0

So aren't these formats essentially the same?

Deron