From:   Wenjie Zhuang <ka...@vt.edu>
To:     Matthias Boehm/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:     dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:   04/03/2016 06:29 AM
Subject:        Re: Gxuides about running SystemML by spark cluster

Thanks a lot. I also have some other  questions. Could you please help me
figure them out?

1.  If I want the input size is 30G, how can I set it? I guess I should
change parameters X, Y and B. But I'm not sure which script I can use.

2. Do you know how to control the partition number when I run
StepLinearRgDS.dml on Spark? Is there a configuration file where I can set
partition number?

3. What should the correct result be after  running StepLinearRgDS.dml?
When the program ends, what can we get?

Thanks & Have a nice day!

2016年4月3日 1:08 AM,"Matthias Boehm" <mbo...@us.ibm.com>写道:
  thanks again for catching
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYSTEMML-609, yes the change is in
  SystemML head now, so please rebuild SystemML or use one of our nightly
  builds (https://sparktc.ibmcloud.com/repo/latest/). Thanks.

  For running SystemML on Spark, you have multiple options (
  http://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/#running-systemml). Either use
  MLContext or spark-submit. Since our documentation does not show many
  examples for spark-submit yet, here is a typical command line invocation:

  ../spark/bin/spark-submit \
  --class org.apache.sysml.api.DMLScript \
  --master yarn-client \
  --num-executors 10 \
  --driver-memory 20g \
  --executor-memory 60g \
  --executor-cores 24 \
  --queue default \
  --conf spark.driver.maxResultSize=0 \
  ./SystemML.jar \
  -f test.dml -stats -exec hybrid_spark -nvargs ...

  Everything else is similar to the hadoop invocation. We also provide you
  a script that simplifies this configuration:
  https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/blob/master/scripts/sparkDML.sh
  . Keep in mind that if you want to run in yarn-cluster, you should put
  the DML script and potentially SystemML-config into HDFS too.

  Regards,
  Matthias

  Inactive hide details for Wenjie Zhuang ---04/02/2016 07:50:35 PM---Hi, I
  try to run StepLinearRegDS.dml by spark yarn mode todWenjie Zhuang
  ---04/02/2016 07:50:35 PM---Hi, I try to run StepLinearRegDS.dml by spark
  yarn mode today. And I get the