Hi everyone,

The design team has explored a few logo concepts, and we would love to see
which ideas you like the most! We're looking for a logo that conveys
optimization, and we came up with a robot. The smile is inspired by a
matrix bracket to bring to mind the mathematical background of SystemML.

In the attached image, we have two main types of logo explorations. One is
a simple forward-facing robot and the other is an isometric interpretation.
Below that we pulled out a few to show how they would look as logos besides
the words "Apache SystemML".

Ultimately, we want the robot to have interchangeable parts to communicate
the customizability of algorithms that SystemML provides, so whatever logo
ends up being chosen it could still have several variations.

Personally, we like concept #1 for the minimal look, but we'd love to hear
your thoughts. Feel free to mix and match or make other suggestions that we
can take into consideration.

Thanks!

*Rose Peng*
MS HCI 2015 - Georgia Institute of Technology
(www.rosepeng.com)