Thanks for putting this together Niketan. However, could we please postpone this discussion after our 1.0 release? Right now, I'm concerned to see that we're adding many experimental features without really getting them done. This includes for example, the GPU backend, the new MLContext API, the Python DSL, the deep learning builtin functions, the Scala algorithm wrappers, the old Spark debugger interface, and compressed linear algebra. I think we should finish these features first before moving on. If we're not careful about that, it would quickly create a very bad impression for new users.

Regards,
Matthias