Hi all

as a POC I implemented the *Tamaya core module and functionality completely
based on the new config JSR API*:
- The main API ist the JSR config API.
- Similar to before there is a *base *module (renamed from spisupport to
avoid package name clashes). The *base *module also contains indepedent
extensions for filters, FilterContext and Conversion and ConversionContext.
- The *core *package implements the config API based on the base package
and the Config JSR API.
- The former Tamaya API has been moved to a *compat *module
- I also migrated all test code as far as applicable and also simplifed a
few things.

Have a look at the *configjsr *branch:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/tree/configjsr
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/tree/configjsr>

Within the next days I will start writing a similar experimental branch for
our extensions modul. This basically will render Tamaya into a full JSR
implementation, where Tamaya's extensions also should be able to work based
on an alternate JSR implementation, similar Deltaspike does. Where things
do not work OOTB smoothly I plan to discuss things with the EG to see, if
we get some kind of extension points or similar, if needed.

J Anatole

--
*Anatole Tresch*
PPMC Member Apache Tamaya

*Speaking at:*

  [image: JSD_Speaker_2017][image: J-Con 2017 logo][image: JVM Con]