Howard, what kind of simplifications you have in mind?

I too only use java6. But:
- APIwise, i think the only case where that was needed
was with a unicode related helper method that only java6 had...
- Codewise, i'm really used to seeing @Override over implementations
of interface methods (which i think doesn't compile in java5)

Still, no real reason for me to require java6 either.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Em Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:13:39 -0200, Igor Drobiazko
> <igor.drobia...@gmail.com> escreveu:
>
>> I don't see any reason to migrate to Java 6 so far. There are too much
>> companies which would ditch Tapestry because of the dependency on Java 6.
>
> I'm using Java 6 since it was released, but I agree with Igor that there's
> no compelling reason to make Tapestry dependent on Java 6 now.
>
>> Regarding most recent Servlet API: AFAIK Tomcat 6 supports only Servlet
>> API 2.5. The final draft of the Version 3.0 was released 07 May 2009. IMO it
>> is too early.
>
> I agree again. :)
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and
> instructor
> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
> Informação Ltda.
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Andreas Andreou - andy...@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer