After thinking about it once again I prefer this option too. It is more
convenient for a user to provide messages for a component in the catalog of
the containing page, inject the Messages service and bind it to component's
message parameter.

The default of the message parameter of a component is the injected Messages
service which represents the component's messages catalog.