http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tapestry.apache.org/msg15952.html
was we thread i discussed about release process

Unofortunately, i never committed the new release process (which i've in
fact followed for 3 releases two of which were voted down) and i've recently
lost one of my hard drives so i don't have it any more :(

http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html has the
process in more detail
and i think this is what i ended up down... Some notes on it:
- Step 1.2.3 i've found to be very important - if the diffs make sense
then you're in no
danger of messing up the svn repo !
- During step 4 we need to generate some additional artifacts through
the ant target
This is very easy to do because during the mvn release:perform step, the correct
tag will have been checked out into your /target folder, so just go
into there and issue
the ant goal.

That's all - i don't think i remember any other gotchas... hope it
goes smoothly for you too

--
Andreas Andreou - andy...@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer