Short version:
Why doesn't Tapestry support parameters in implementation mixins?
Is it something that's just not yet written, or is there something that would
make this infeasible?

Long version:
So, i've started doing some T5 work at last :) ... and came
across the ZoneUpdater mixin
( http://tinybits.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-and-better-zoneupdater.html )
which looks interesting and useful enough to be included in T5.

I then noticed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1415
(which is basically an unintented consequence of introducing a zone
parameter to the Select component ... makes existing zoneupdater
user code fail) which made me took a look at the zone related code in
Select. It seems to me that what happens there is just a special
case of ZoneUpdater (for instance zoneupdater can connect to
any clientside event, and it can pass extra context params).

Anyway, assuming that something like ZU is introduced as a mixin in T5,
it should be possible to remove the zone related code of Select and reuse
ZU if it wasn't for that implementation mixin limitation.

--
Andreas Andreou - andy...@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Apache Tapestry PMC / http://chesstu.be owner