On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 06:49:50 -0300, Bob Harner <bobhar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Everybody,

Hi, Bob!

Because of the many questions on the user mailing list about how to
use Select, SelectModel and ValueEncoder, and because the MoinMoin
wiki pages about the topic are, uh, controversial, I wrote a new
"cookbook" page

I've read it from beggining to end and I loved it! Thank you very much! It seems most people don't get ValueEncoder and SelectModel and having a good explanation of them will help a lot.

I still want to add a section on a generic value encoder, and maybe
something about a select with multiple=true.

Tapestry's Select doesn't support multiple=true, but at least we have Pallete for multiple selections. Maybe we should add a component that uses checkboxes.

Eventually I'd like to add a link to this new page at the top of the
old Tapestry5HowtoSelectWithObjects, Tapestry5SelectObject,
Tapestry5AnotherSelectWithObjects and
Tapestry5DisplayableSelectionModel wiki pages.

Agreed!

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor