I'm still wrapping my head around the guts of the (new) transformation code,
new ParameterWorker implementation, etc. However, it appears that we have a
timing problem on the default parameter initialization when component
inheritance is in play. Basically, the child-class parameters have their
default values set before the parent class parameters, which is a problem if
the child class parameters depend on a parent-class-parameter value.  This
happens whether or not "principal=true" on the parent class parameter.  I'll be
opening up a jira, but wanted to post here first to see if anybody else has any
insight on this problem.

Robert