I think one of the issue with our build is that we have a subproject,
"tapestry-annotations" that generates an artifact,
"org.apache.tapestry:tapestry5-annotations".  This causes a number of
problems ... its necessary to avoid a conflict with the (now ancient)
Tapestry 4 tapestry-annotations.

In any case, it may make things work better (especially in terms of
IDE support) if the sub-project folder was renamed to
tapestry5-annotations.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry