On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:24:33 -0300, Mark <mark-li...@xeric.net> wrote:

I can see the advantage of increasing the version number from a marketing
standpoint, but keep in mind that there is a downside when it comes to
books. You can write a book or article on Tapestry 5, and people will still see it as being relevant for 5.0, 5.4, etc. However, if you have a bunch of books on Tapestry 5 and Tapestry 6 comes out people are going to think there are no books on it.

Very good points. :) Yep, I've changed my mind about this issue. So how can we convince the world Tapestry won't have backward compatibility problems anymore (besides some minor adjustmets, like we had from 5.1 to 5.2, for example)?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor