On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:44:44 -0200, Ernesto Arroyo <earroyo...@yahoo.es> wrote:

Hi all.

Hi!

Not related to Tapestry release, but I'd like to know how this things are managed in open source community 'cause I am working in some opensource project (far, far, far away from Tapestry quality and commitment from the team, but is opensource/forge)

Well. there's no single or correct way of managing open source projects. Tapestry is an Apache Foundation project, so it follows the Apache rules and value meritocracy a lot. You can read more about that in http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html.

So the question isWho can vote?

Everyone. :)

Only committers (binding) and anyone else (non-binding) or is there other policy?

Only PMC members can cast binding votes. Everybody can cast non-binding votes.

Can we vote if we seriously test Tapestry-5.3?

Please do it! Get involved! Join the discussions! Give opinions! Post JIRA issues! Comment on them! Provide patches! Every committer and PMC member was someone participating in the mailing lists just as you are (except just Howard, I guess, as he's the project creator). :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor