On Sat, 12 May 2012 02:29:20 -0300, Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com> wrote:

A separate sub-project as part of Tapestry? That sounds weird in a lot
of ways - so far, we haven't had any separately releasable modules and
we don't have any examples of competing implementations from different
committers. Why not just put it on github?

Because it used to be part of Tapestry itself. This package would be a backward-compatibility one (partial, as it doesn't include other stuff removed in 5.3). I don't think they really compete because they have radically different approaches. And when people in the mailing list start advocating not-Tapestry solutions for URL rewriting needs, I think there's something we should improve.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor