I've found that the problem seems to be that ComponentTemplateSourceImpl
fails to load MyTemplateLocator.class and insteads load
DefaultTemplateLocator/PageTemplateLocator which looks for tml pages in the
correct directory, where MyTemplateLocator looks for html pages.

How do I override this behavoir in 5.2.6, a behavoir that worked in 5.1.0.5.

locator.locateTemplate fails here.

private Resource locateTemplateResource(ComponentModel initialModel, Locale
locale)
    {
        ComponentModel model = initialModel;
        while (model != null)
        {
            Resource localized = locator.locateTemplate(model, locale);

            if (localized != null)
                return localized;

            // Otherwise, this component doesn't have its own template ...
lets work up to its
            // base class and check there.

            model = model.getParentModel();
        }

        // This will be a Resource whose URL is null, which will be picked
up later and force the
        // return of the empty template.

        return
initialModel.getBaseResource().withExtension(TapestryConstants.TEMPLATE_EXTENSION);
    }