On 26.04.2013 10:57, Massimo Lusetti wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Ulrich Stärk <u...@spielviel.de> wrote:
>
> Ulrich Stärk: -1 (binding)
>>
>> tapestry-mongodb is missing the LICENSE and NOTICE files. What bindings
>> are used? Are they Apache
>> License v2.0-compatible?
>>

> tapestry-mongodb is 5.4 only ... I've committed it only on the master
> branch. I don't see any reference of it on any of these links:
>  - https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=tree;hb=5.3
>  -
> http://people.apache.org/~mlusetti/tapestry-releases/apache-tapestry-5.3.7-bin.zip
>  -
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-133/org/apache/tapestry/
>
> For the sake of clarity I have to say that there's a directory called
> tapestry-mongodb here:
> http://people.apache.org/~mlusetti/tapestry-releases/apache-tapestry-5.3.7-sources.zipbut
> there's not files in it, just the empty dirs (I suppose it's how the
> build script generate them)

Could it be possible that you had some left-overs from a 5.4 checkout in your
workspace that gradle
picked up when you build 5.3.7? Because there is no mention of mongodb
whatsoever in the gradle
files from the 5.3 tag.

> plastic is missing the LICENSE and NOTICE files, and is including ASM
>> without mentioning it or its
>> license anywhere. Is it AL2-compatible?
>>

> BTW ASM is BSD licensed:
>  - http://asm.ow2.org/license.html
>
> Every 5.3.x release haven't had this so far ...

We never spotted it then. This doesn't justify it's ignorance though. This
needs to be fixed.

>> Remember, release votes can't be vetoed, it's up to the RM to decide
>> whether to proceed or whether
>> to go back, fix, and try again. I strongly urge to keep our dependencies
>> documented and clean though
>> as this can lead to serious complications.
>

> I would not like to stop this release, I'd rather go and fix LICENSE and
> NOTICE on plastic, then (maybe) put out a new release asap.

As I said, it's your call. Given that ASM is BSD licensed, going ahead seems ok
to me.

Uli