On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Barry Books <trs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the goal if to have the browser cache the asset and only do a new
> request when the asset changes I think the only reliable way to accomplish
> this is by setting the expires header and changing the url when the asset
> changes. This way the browser has no choice but to do the right thing.
>
> What's the rational for treating module URLs differently than assets?

Please see the archives; this has been discussed. Summary: modules are
loaded by name, knowing only the name. Short of locating every possible
module (actually, not possible; some modules are virtual ... created on the
fly from other data) and computing its code and writing a special path for
each one, there's no way to embed the version number in the module URL.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210