  From: Taha Hafeez Siddiqi
  To: Tapestry development
  Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:17 AM
  Subject: Re: Transactions and AfterCommit

  I have used spring and JEE in the past and I don't think every project needs
them. The transaction support comes with a lot-n-lots of dependencies (at least
at that time it was the case :)) and some people don't like it.

  All we need is a support for @Transactional->Required /readonly. I think if
we support them, most of common requirements are met.

  regards
  Taha

  On 25-Aug-2013, at 4:18 AM, Lenny Primak <lpri...@hope.nyc.ny.us> wrote:

  > I would leave everything as is now.
  > Tapestry should not try to implement or re-implement full transaction
support.
  > This has already been done with JEE or spring. If a user wants this
support, they should just use what already exists out there.

<tawus.tapes...@gmail.com> wrote:

  >>> Hi everyone
  >>
  >> Hi!
  >>
  >>> There are two @CommitAfters and both work differently from each other.
  >>
  >> This is a problem
  >>
  >> Here's my suggestion:
  >>
  >> 1) Leave the @CommitAfter implementations the way they are now for
backward-compatibility reasons.
  >> 2) Mark them as deprecated.
  >> 3) Use EJB's @TransactionAttribute annotation instead of
tapestry-hibernate and tapestry-jpa defining different annotations.
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B32110_01/web.1013/b28221/servtran002.htm.