I've managed to solve the issue without affecting org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.
services.PropertyAdapter.

So the introduced methods are:
Type Binding.getBindingGenericType()
Type PropertyConduit getPropertyGenericType()
Type ComponentResources.getBoundGenericType(String parameterName)

I don't think anyone will be implementing their own ComponentResources or
PropertyConduit so I think those changes are fin. Ashas been mentioned,
third parties (including myself) have implemented custom bindings. If it's
any consolation, I've implemented AbstractBinding.getBindingGenericType()
to simply return getBindingType().

The other solution I can see is to have Binding2 in a similar style to
Asset2 etc.