Hi,

I trapped into this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2176
"SymbolBeanFactoryPostProcessor breaks property placeholder in spring when using default values".

My current workaround is to use a different "valueSeparator" for my own PropertyConfigurer.

I'd like to provide a fix/patch for this issue but there are several ways to do it which I'd like to discuss.

1. only resolve properties that begins with "tapestry." as suggested in the bug 2. disable default-value validation by using a very uncommon "valueSeparator" instead of the default ":" 3. wait that https://jira.spring.io/browse/SPR-9989 is fixed - probably never ;-)

IMO 1 has the disadvantage that custom symbols cannot be used anymore

So I'd prefer 2 as a solution. Preventing SymbolBeanFactoryPostProcessor to resolve ":" separated default values is not a problem since every other configured PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer in the context would to the job.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Michael Wyraz

evermind GmbH