Hi Ulrich,

I think Jochen meant that being a PMC member will make it possible for him
to administrate Tapestry JIRA.
I am not aware of any Apache rules that state whether a project committer
should be able or not to mark a version as released in JIRA.
It is a matter of 5 minutes of your time to include him in the respective
role in JIRA, supposing you are already an admin of Tapestry JIRA project.
Even being a PMC member will not give him these rights automatically.
Until someone with project admin rights adds him to the role he will not be
able to do anything there.
Even asking INFRA won't help (unless he asks politely several times)
because they will tell him to ask someone else from Tapestry team to do
that.
So just skip the bureaucratics and add him to the admin role in JIRA.