Tapestry Devs,

I'm building Tapestry itself with a new linux box now I'm getting this
when I run the top level ./gradlew build ...

. . .
:tapestry-core:compileJava
/home/foo/git/tapestry-5/tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/util/VirtualResource.java:94:
error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
    @Override
    ^
/home/foo/git/tapestry-5/tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/InternalSymbols.java:41:
error: annotation type not applicable to this kind of declaration
    @IncompatibleChange(release = "5.4", details = "Renamed from
PRE_SELECTED_FORM_NAMES.")
    ^

These look like Java version issues, so I thought somehow I was
running a 1.5 JDK or compiling to 1.5 source level. But no, my
build.gradle is identical to origin/master (sourceCompatibility and
targetCompatibility both at 1.6), and my $JAVA_HOME is
"/opt/java/jdk1.7.0_75"

> echo $JAVA_HOME
/opt/java/jdk1.7.0_75
> $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.7.0_75"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)

I tried switching sourceCompatibility and targetCompatibiliy to 1.7,
with no improvement, and I get the same error when doing a gradle
build within Eclipse.

What am I missing here?