Now that 5.4.1 is out, it might be a good time to move ahead with this
plan, create a branch for 5.4.x and reserve the master for 5.5 development
with Java 8. I'm much more concerned with degradation of the test suite
(since the tests aren't being run until we can upgrade Selenium) than
merging/backporting everything from 5.5 to 5.4.

Kalle