Yes, that's the closure compiler:

https://github.com/google/closure-compiler/issues/3280

The effect of the symbol is that no minimizer won't be run, so no CSS and
JS minification.

We added a request filter to restrict disabling minification to IE11:

 @Contribute(RequestHandler.class)
    public static void
contributeRequestFilter(OrderedConfiguration<RequestFilter> conf,
                                               UserAgentDetector
userAgentDetector) {
        conf.add("IE11-underscore-fix", new RequestFilter() {

            @Override
            public boolean service(Request request, Response response,
RequestHandler handler) throws IOException {
                Optional<UserAgent> currentUserAgent =
userAgentDetector.current();
                currentUserAgent.ifPresent(userAgent -> {
                    Browser browser = userAgent.getBrowser();
                    if (Browser.IE == browser.getGroup()) {

request.setAttribute(TapestryConstants.DISABLE_JAVASCRIPT_MINIMIZATION,
Boolean.TRUE);
                    }
                });
                return handler.service(request, response);
            }
        });
    }

UserAgentDetector is a custom service from us, not Tapestry.

It could be improved to just blacklist the non-working source files, and
not disable it for every JS and IE 11.

Ben

--

Netzgut GmbH

Kirchstr. 18
69115 Heidelberg

Telefon:
+49 6221 39298 53

Telefax:
+49 6221 39298 59

E-Mail:b...@netzgut.net

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 709833
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Heidelberg
Geschäftsführer: Felix Gonschorek, Benjamin Weidig
Ust-IdNr.: DE272871752