On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 6:24 AM Ben Weidig <b...@netzgut.net> wrote:

> Hi!

Hello!

> While going through the open issues/PRs on GitHub something caught my eye,
> which I wanted to work on today:
>
> org.apache.tapestry5.func.Tuple<A, B> has a custom #equals(Object) method,
> as it should have, being a container-type.
> But there's no appropriate #hashCode(), thereby violating a base contract
> of Java objects.
>
> This should be an easy fix. If it causes any trouble, it's most likely to
> using Tuple for something it wasn't supporting in the first place.

Good catch! If you're going to fix it, please don't forget to create a Jira
ticket for it and set the appropriate fix versions so we can have it
mentioned automatically in the release notes.

> IMO this should even be fixed in 5.6.x

Most definitely.

> "TAP5-2657 Blacklist modules autoloaded via manifests" (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2657) is commit/push-ready, but
> I don't want to add a new feature without any discussion/feedback first.

I definitely approve it. Great idea, well implemented, automated tests,
perfect backward compatibility. It could be merged to 5.6.x too, since 5.7
is a bigger change than usual.

> There's no real pressure for both things to be included this particular
> release, though.

Yes, but cutting and approving a release demands some time and effort some
I'd prefer to wait a bit to have more stuff included than do another
release soon.

--
Thiago