Thanks for the blast-from-your-past, Stian. Too bad I can't read Norwegian!
I speak a little German, so I'm familiar with compound-word-isms. ;-)

Deciding how to hyphenate and capitalize Command-line Tool turns out not to
be a trivial issue. I spent some time today looking into this. (If you're
really interested, I wrote a blog post, too: http://bit.ly/1TS7YXi)

------------------------------------
Documentation
------------------------------------
As Stian noted, both command line and command-line can be found. After some
thinking, this is what I propose for the documentation (README files and
website).

Use Taverna Command-line Tool when talking about the tool and in titles.
For example, Taverna Command-line Tool (as a title)
or “The Taverna Command-line Tool relies upon …” (in a sentence).

Use all lower case (command-line tool) when talking about generic
command-line tools.
For example, “The Taverna Command-line Tool is one of two command-line
tools…”

Other acceptable ways of referring to the Taverna Command-line Tool (and
variations) would be:
     Command-line Tool
     Apache Taverna Command-line Tool
     Apache Taverna Command-line product

Avoid:
    Taverna Command-line (always use “Tool”)
    Taverna Command line Tool (always hyphenate)
    Taverna Command Line Tool (always hyphenate and use lower case “l”)

------------------------------------
Changes to git repo/groupId?
------------------------------------
As far as the GIt repo and groupId names for the Command-line Tool are
concerned,
I agree that keeping "commandline" as one word in the repo, groupId, and
artifacts looks cleaner.

In looking at the repo names and pom.xml files, I wonder if it is
reasonable to change the following:

incubator-taverna-common-activities
     --> groupId to org.apache.taverna.common.activities

incubator-taverna-commandline
     -->   name to Apache Taverna Command-line

incubator-taverna-workbench-common-activities
     -->   groupId to org.apache.workbench.common.activities
     -->  artifact to apache-workbench-common-activity

I don't know how difficult it is to manage all the relationships, but it
would be nice if these were consistent.

Question
incubator-taverna-workbench-product has the same groupId as
incubator-taverna-workbench. Is this correct?

To quote Ian, Cheers!

Gale