>but we can make this manageable by
> progressing step by step.

Agree. I honestly don't have time to keep up with gitter, but if the list
of tasks is clearly broken down into small steps and articulated on dev@,
it seems like it would be easier for more people to participate.

Keeping code that needs a lot of work in a separate location makes a lot of
sense to me.

Gale