On 29-Mar-17 19:10, Paul Brack wrote:
Hi guys,

I’ve come across an issue running a Taverna workflow on Taverna Server.
Using the REST API, I can create a run, add input ports and start
workflows OK, but if I need a workflow with a tool that needs SSH
credentials to be run elsewhere, I don’t seem able to create the
credentials correctly. A very simple test workflow is attached

Yes. We have seen this very recently.

If you look in the log for the run, you should see something like:

No ConfirmTrustedCertificateSPI instances could could confirm or deny trusting of CN=...

The Taverna Server does not trust the site.

One way to check if this is the problem is to POST

<t2s:trustedIdentity xmlns:t2sr="http://ns.taverna.org.uk/2010/xml/server/rest/"; xmlns:t2s="http://ns.taverna.org.uk/2010/xml/server/";>
<t2s:certificateBytes>
BYTES HERE
</t2s:certificateBytes>
</t2s:trustedIdentity>

to  /runs/{id}/security/trusts

Where "BYTES HERE" is the byte-encoding of the site's certificate.

Previously I've got the certificate by visiting a site in Chrome :)

The longer term fix is to update the default truststore for the Java installation on the Taverna Server

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Paul

Alan