This is the accompanying discussion thread for the release candidate for
Apache Taverna Language 0.16.0-incubating RC1

For the VOTE thread and download details, see
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/29405e13efcd3282e978982c2c4c02b1d1bf683460ce618c7248617a@%3Cdev.taverna.apache.org%3E

To kick this off - I just realised Java 9 is already out of support
(!) - see http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html

So when I tried with JDK 10.0.1 on Windows I got an error in the new
cxf-xjc-plugin plugin config:

[INFO] --- cxf-xjc-plugin:3.2.1:xsdtojava (default) @ taverna-robundle ---
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.opt.Injector
(file:/C:/Users/stain/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.11/jaxb-impl-2.2.11.jar)
to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.opt.Injector
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further
illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
[ERROR]
C:\1\apache-taverna-language-0.16.0-incubating\taverna-robundle\src\main\xsd\container.xsd
[94:28]: Property "Any" is already defined. Use <jaxb:property> to
resolve this conflict.
com.sun.istack.SAXParseException2: Property "Any" is already defined.
Use <jaxb:property> to resolve this conflict.
    at com.sun.tools.xjc.ErrorReceiver.error (ErrorReceiver.java:86)
    at com.sun.tools.xjc.reader.ModelChecker.checkPropertyCollision
(ModelChecker.java:112)
    at com.sun.tools.xjc.reader.ModelChecker.check (ModelChecker.java:98)
    at com.sun.tools.xjc.reader.ModelChecker.check (ModelChecker.java:71)
    at com.sun.tools.xjc.reader.xmlschema.BGMBuilder._build
(BGMBuilder.java:183)
    at com.sun.tools.xjc.reader.xmlschema.BGMBuilder.build (BGMBuilder.java:119)

Is this a blocker? I don't understand quite Oracle's schedule.. it
seems JDK8 is still LTS until January 2019 while even JDK10 will
expire earlier in Sep 2018. (JDK11 being next LTS) -- so I am not sure
what would be the point to chase JDK10 either..

.. btw if you get "gpg key expired" then remember to update your KEYS
(gpg --import) as I updated my release key.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718