Dear Teaclave community,

Here is the report for 2020 Q4. Feel free to comment on the report. Thanks.

To mentors, I have uploaded the report to the wiki page. [1]

Best,
Mingshen

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/January2021#teaclave

## Teaclave

Teaclave is a universal secure computing platform.

Teaclave has been incubating since 2019-08-20.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Improve project structure and documentation
  2. Grow the community (attracting more committers, contributors, users)
  3. Publish more Apache releases

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

### How has the community developed since the last report?

- We received contributions from a new external contributor.
- We found a new project using Teaclave SGX SDK called Veracruz, which is a
  framework for defining and deploying collaborative, privacy-preserving
  computations amongst a group of mutually mistrusting individuals.
- We summarized the community and projects powered by Teaclave and published
  a blog on our homepage.
- Rust TrustZone SDK will be accepted in Teaclave as a subproject. The community
  is discussing and voting the acceptance.
- The community has accepted a new committer.

### How has the project developed since the last report?

- Add PCA function in the builtin executor.
- Add exposed password checking function in the builtin executor.
- Add the attestation subcommand to display attestation reports form
the Intel attestation service.
- Add document to support deploying on Azure confidential computing VM.

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  - [ ] Initial setup
  - [ ] Working towards first release
  - [x] Community building
  - [ ] Nearing graduation
  - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

  2020-10-09

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  2020-10-22

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, our mentors are very helpful and responsive on our discussion
about security
reporting and new projects acceptance voting.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
We don't find any 3rd parties incorrectly using the podling's name and brand.
The VP, Brand has approved the project name. (PODLINGNAMESEARCH-175)