I was reading over the list archives and noticed what seems to be the
most-recent discussion there about trees / recursive datatypes in thrift here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/thrift-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg06638.html

Wondering whether there has been any further discussion or progress on this. My
current use case is trying to send generic query restrictions / criteria to any
number of thrift services. I was thinking that sending something like an AST of
the criteria expression would be one way to do this. It would be much easier to
do this with some sort of recursive datatype. Is something like this suitable
for thrift, and what would be the best way to satisfy this use case if so?

Thanks.

-Josh