I'm trying to understand (what I think is) a bug in the generated java
code.  My thrift schema generates this method:
public List<Long> listGet(String key) throws org.apache.thrift.TException {
... }

To avoid an allocation on every listGet request, I'd like to keep a
pre-allocated List<Long> buffer per thread, fill that, and return it.  When
I do this, it doesn't take much for me to get a ConcurrentModificationError,
possibly because the wrappers around my listGet method are holding onto it?
What's the recommended way to avoid the extra allocations?