Andrew ,
this is great!

I really like that simplification of install on the Windows platform.

Adding such external download is not compatible with the Apache Policies as
far as I know.
That's why we removed links to latest builds from the download page :-(

Would be great to have your patches used to make NuGet within the Apache
Thrift code base.
"generate a .MSI that installs the thrift compiler and runtime libraries" is
a wish since 2010...

Let's use apt-get like SUPER COW POWER on windows by using NuGet and
chocolatey packaging.

all the best!
roger
;-r