I submitted a few patches to Thrift recently and want to introduce
myself.  I work at Maginatics and we use Thrift to communicate between
C++, Java, and Ruby processes in our cloud file system.  Our team has
used Thrift since 2011 and several engineers have submitted patches.
Upstream accepted many of them but we still apply patches to our local
Thrift.  Presently we run 0.9.0 and apply:

THRIFT-1458 (committed in 0.9.1)
THRIFT-1528
THRIFT-1630 (committed in 0.9.1)
THRIFT-1676
THRIFT-1740 (committed in 0.9.1)
THRIFT-1815 (committed in master)
THRIFT-1837 (committed in 0.9.1)
THRIFT-1845 (committed in 0.9.1)
THRIFT-1846 (committed in 0.9.1)
THRIFT-1992 (committed in 0.9.1)
THRIFT-2037 (committed in master)
THRIFT-2048 (committed in master)

We plan to rebase to 0.9.1 and apply:

THRIFT-2172
THRIFT-2193
THRIFT-2227
THRIFT-2233
THRIFT-2238
THRIFT-2260

I would like to bring our code closer to mainline, similar to our
relationship with Apache jclouds.  I appreciate any suggestions on how
to work better with Thrift and increase participation from Maginatics.
Specifically I can help with the Java bindings and my colleague Nate
Rosenblum can help with the C++ bindings.  I look forward to continuing
to work together!

--
Andrew Gaul
http://maginatics.com/