Hi,

Out of curiosity, what kinds of errors did you see from this?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27216939/apache-thrift-c-typedef-issue

Not me personally, but I remember having seen a similar question a few weeks ago. For some reason people seem to like their ints more than i32. It's not a real issue, because it can be solved quickly. And as someone else pointed out, i64 -> i32 -> i16 -> byte looks (at least) a bit inconsequent.

The only concern I have is this: doing this for one type will very likely be just the overture for more. I'm not so sure if we really want to be flooded with aliases, hence the pandora.

JensG