Github user jeremy-w commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/442#issuecomment-94577409

    Where possible without changing the protocol bits that are pinned by
codegen, it would be good to address integer width/signedness change issues or
add the appropriate under/overflow/undefined behavior checking.

    Might be helpful background reading:
[INT02-C](https://www.securecoding.cert.org/confluence/display/c/INT02-C.+Understand+integer+conversion+rules)
 (and other INTxy recommendations) and [Type
Conversions](https://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=686170&seqNum=5).

    I find that using types that match the APIs I'll be passing them to is far
easier than thinking through whether I didn't mess something up across implicit
width and signedness changes.

---
with INFRA.
---