Github user prashantv commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/624#issuecomment-143065168

    Thanks for the feedback - I was thinking about a struct approach, but
because it's not easy to create a struct inline, I avoided that.

    As you said, flags work, but lose type safety - there's no way to say that
`COERCE_DATA` is not a valid argument for `type_to_go_type`. I think it's
better to have type safety.

    If you think the struct approach is better, we can do that, although calls
will then probably look like:
    ```cpp
    DeserializeFieldOpts opts
    opts.UseTrueType = true;
    opts.InContainer = true;
    generate_deserialize_field(out, &felem, true, "", opts);
    ```

    I think once we decide on an approach, it should be consistently applied
for the other compilers. I'm only really working with Go, so I can only really
update the Go generator.

---
with INFRA.
---