Github user nsuke commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/733#issuecomment-166066840

    #732 is already in master so the point is to push this to 0.9.3 branch ?
    IMO it's reasonable in this case to have one more commit in 0.9.3
**branch** than 0.9.3 **tag**.

    As to implementation, `apt-get update`, `apt-get install` and the last
cleaning step should not be separate `RUN`s  to avoid fat intermediate layers
and also we typically want to avoid `apt-get upgrade` and leave it to debian
image maintainers.
    See https://docs.docker.com/engine/articles/dockerfile_best-practices/ and
[current "offical" thrift dockerhub
image](https://github.com/ahawkins/docker-thrift/blob/61c3478ab828d3e610f192b442ac2a7221749c47/0.9/Dockerfile)
 for more detail.

    BTW we may want to take ownership of the docker hub [official
image](https://hub.docker.com/_/thrift/).
    The procedure is described here:
    https://github.com/docker-library/official-images#maintainership

---