Github user Jens-G commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/762#issuecomment-170352323

    When editing the Thrift compiler C++ files please watch out and keep the
existing formatting. IIRC by default VS indents with tabs. We don't want tab
indents in that files (and we want LInux EOLs - git should take care about the
latter).

    The async CTP stuff is only used with WP7 - which I removed from trunk just
a few minutes ago. It will not be used with WP8 or higher, as the only purpose
was to deal with some incompatible changes made between the async CTP and the
version that found its way into later frameworks.

    With regard to this pull request and JIRA ticket I'd say we leave it as it
is for now. The flag is better removed either in a separate ticket or as
follow-up patch to the WP7 rermoval ticket.

---
with INFRA.
---