Github user nsuke commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/798#issuecomment-174161478

    @szenker thanks for elaborating.
    I believe a minor ease of refactoring is not enough for silently ignored
(non-)overrides.
    But if your plan of `peek` solves an existing nasty pitfall or something,
please do share your thought.
    Also I agree that it's not much of an issue for _v2.

    A minor nit: if we're changing `getOrigin` signature at all, I think the
return type should be changed to  non-const (or reference).

    And another thing to consider for const under C++11: it now arguably
signifies non data race guarantee.
    http://herbsutter.com/2013/01/01/video-you-dont-know-const-and-mutable/
    For example `TSocket::getOrigin` involves some system calls and internal
caching that we may need synchronization.

---
with INFRA.
---