Hi *,

now that we have working precommit checks up and running (thanks for all the
work, guys – that’s just great!), I wonder if we should still accept patch
files, for a simple reason: Patch files added to JIRA attachments obviously do
not participate in the precommits. That’s unfortunate, and hence does not
contribute anymore to the high quality level we want.

Is there a chance we can switch over to pull requests entirely? Or maybe we
make it mandatory for changes of a certain size? But where to draw the line?
Even one minorish typo at the right place can make the difference between make
and break.

What do you think?
JensG