Not all pull requests come through github and Jenkins allowed for us to be
able to add a patch to master and test it without having to touch github at
all. The github-jenkins integration is a hook which we can disable at
anytime without impacting jira integration, as long as a ticket id is in
the github issue then the github hook will comment on the jira issue on
update, though pass/fail build result will not be added to the ticket for
that patch. Appvoyer and other build systems have not been integrated will
not comment on the jira tickets.

The question I would pose is do we want to use github for all code review
and patch submissions as the only option for contributions to Apache Thrift
?

-Jake