GitHub user jeking3 opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1162

    THRIFT-3973: Provide some tools to make it easier to build thrift C++ on
Windows

    As a contributor and committer on the project with a focus on C++ and
CMake, I needed a way to build thrift C++ on windows with all the bells and
whistles.  While cmake is a great tool for generating build environments on
different platforms, there is still an ecosystem of third party libraries
surrounding thrift that need to be acquired or built.

    I was not certain if these files should end up in build/wincpp or in
contrib/wincpp.  These files are not used in any of our CI builds.  They simply
exist as a guide to make it easier to build thrift C++ on windows, including
how to build a redistributable thrift compiler for windows without any
dependencies, and how to generate Visual Studio projects for thrift on windows.

    As part of this effort, the current C++ MSVC projects that are distributed
with the project will be removed once folks are happy with this toolset.

    The README.md file contains information that can eventually be posted on:
    https://thrift.apache.org/docs/install/windows
    and the content there will be split into "older build information" and this
would be the current.

    $ git pull https://github.com/jeking3/thrift story/THRIFT-3973-winbuild

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1162.patch

    This closes #1162

----
commit d39c35a5ce8a79814b0294f110553c8097853c31
Author: James E. King, III <jim.k...@simplivity.com>
Date:   2017-01-20T16:15:25Z

    THRIFT-3973: Provide some tools to make it easier to build thrift C++ on
Windows

----

---
with INFRA.