Github user gadLinux commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1185

    Okay. I revamped a little bit the system to allow it to run the cross
tests. Since you are not using specific functions provided by the API it was
causing to not initialize the instance properly.

    I added sane default values for SSL. It will use TLSv12 by default with
dissallowed selfsigned certificates and basic pining function.

    So I also changed the test unit to allow selfsigned certificates when the
client is created.

    Now the tests run but fails. But there I don't what's the reason. It's
because Java, because the test is wrong, or the code in SSL branch is wrong.
The latter seems difficult since it works in our environment. So maybe you can
help to fix the tests. The important thing is that now it seems to be properly
configured even if no API provided is used.

    Also a couple of straightforward errors on test were corrected.

---
with INFRA.
---