Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1185

    @gadLinux The current standard for thrift is to use the SSLv23 handshake,
but to negotiate at TLSv1.0 or later.  See Apache Jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-3165 for that.  Code to be checked
in today for SSL support should use "SSLTLS" and disable SSL v2 and v3
negotiation which is what I did.  So no, we cannot change it to anything else
than what I put in my 3rd PR to you.

    As a consuming application one should be able to set the accepted version.
I know you can do this in C++ and in Java because the constructors to
TSSLSocket take an enumeration.  In your implementation here how can we change
it so that when a thrift_ssl_socket class is initialized, the consuming
application can decide the SSL versions to support?  I'm not sure this
implementation allows for that control as-is.

    @nsuke I think I found a way to make the code conditional on OP_NO_SSLv3
support instead of a Python version.  I'll post once I get the syntax right.

---
with INFRA.
---